Ningbo, China is Norfolk Sister Cities’ newest sister city relationship. In 2012, NSCA and the City of Norfolk agreed to become “Friendship Cities” with Ningbo. In April 2013 a formal signing ceremony was held when NSCA officials traveled to Ningbo as part of a Commonwealth trade mission. The Port of Ningbo has been a gateway to the world in China dating back 2,300 years and is now one of the busiest in the world. Like the port in Norfolk, Ningbo’s port serves as the major economic engine for the region.
- Norfolk Sister Cities’ newest sister city relationship.
- NSCA officials traveled to Ningbo as part of a Commonwealth trade mission in April 2013 for a formal signing ceremony.
- September 2016 hosted five member delegation of city officials
- November 2019 participated in international fair at Academy of International Studies at Rosemont
- March 2020 hosted Skype event for two dozen 8th grade students at the Academy of International Studies at Rosemont and about 100 students across China. https://youtu.be/WfgES5XOhlI
- March 2020 organized a Skype session for 8th grade students at Academy of International Studies at Rosemont and students age 10-16 from across China