Norfolk County is in the Southeastern area of England, known as East Anglia. The population of 840,000 lives in seven self-governed districts; i.e., West Norfolk, North Norfolk, Great Yarmouth, South Norfolk, Breckland, Broadland ,and Norwich. The vibrant county has three bustling cities- King’s Lynn in West Norfolk, Great Yarmouth-a port city and tourist destination in the East on the North Sea, and the ancient city of Norwich, the county seat, 100 miles northeast of London.
Adding vitality to the area are many towns and smaller villages. Besides the seaside resorts, Norfolk has a unique group of inland lakes and waterways. Tourism and agriculture are important factors of its economy. Throughout England, Norfolk County is characterized by the richness of its art, business, recreational and educational activities.
Norfolk, Virginia and Norfolk, UK proudly celebrate 25 years of the Sister City relationship throughout the year in 2011.
Norfolk Sister City Association oversees multiple programs with counterparts in Norfolk County, England including:
- Cultural exchanges of performing artists, including choirs, chamber musicians, and sea shanty singers, with Norfolk County, England
- Adult delegation exchanges
- 2011 Garden Exchange
- Formal dinner cosponsored with City of Norfolk celebrating 25 years of twinning and honoring past governmental and civic officials April 17, 2011
- June 2016 Hosted Summer Membership Social at Norfolk Botanical Garden
- September 2017 – Hosted a British trivia night at O’Connor Brewing
- November 2018 participated in international fair at Academy of International Studies at Rosemont
- December 2018 hosted the Annual Meeting
- November 2019 participated in international fair at Academy of International Studies at Rosemont
- April 2021 hosted a St. George’s Day tea – our first in person event since COVID-19
Norfolk County in the News
https://www.northnorfolknews.co.uk/news/norfolk-day-usa-virginia-craft-beer-collaboration-1626594 (August 2018)
Norfolk, VA Celebrates 50th Sister City Anniversary with Norfolk County England (April 2011)
“Sister Cities Around the World” Video (June 2010)
Trip to Norfolk County (September 21-30, 2013)
Trip to Norwich, in planning for Spring 2022
Annual Membership Meeting
December 5, 2022
9:30 am - 11:30 am
Please join us for the annual membership meeting. This year’s (more…)