We want to extend a huge congratulations to the winners and finalists of the 2020 Young Artists and Authors Showcase. For decades, Sister Cities International has leveraged the power that art has to transform societies and transcend cultural boundaries through the Young Artists and Authors Showcase. The Showcase has given youth worldwide the opportunity to express their vision for a more unified, peaceful world through original artwork and literature.
This year’s theme was “One World: Out of Many, We Are One” which highlights the importance of unity and community to transcend the differences. Students were encouraged to draw inspiration from their experience with Sister Cities, travel, exchange programs, international friendships, and the many ways that people cultivate relationships across cultures.
The U.S. Grand Prize winner in the art category is Rose Linn of Lexington, Kentucky and the International Grand Prize winner in the art category is Haruto Tsuda of Osaka, Japan. Both of our Grand Prize Winners will receive a $1,000 cash prize.
The finalists in this category are as follows:
- Amber Lee (Santa Clarita, CA)
- Ava Hardin (Wilmette, IL)
- Penelope Choi (Columbia, MD)
- Natalie Eden (Norfolk, VA)
- Eike Mussig Contreras (Scottsdale, AZ)
- Nadejda Rata (Ungheni City, Moldova)
- Amane Iwahori (Fukui, Japan)
- Hannah Jeong (British Columbia, Canada)
- Luis Angel Equihua Gembe (Michoacán, México)
- Ryota Suzuki (Narashino, Japan)
The Grand Prize winner, and recipient of a $1,000 cash prize, in the photography category is Carolyn Ervin of Norfolk, Virginia.